Eurofiber is a fast growing international provider of industry leading digital infrastructure. With our fiber optic network and high quality datacenters we provide companies, government bodies and non-profit organizations a future proof infrastructure. Our vision is of an open network with infrastructure and ICT services being offered separately, allowing everyone the freedom to choose their services, applications and providers as their own needs evolve. Our infrastructure provides the basis for a smarter and more efficient deployment of resources, enabled by a permanent exchange and the unlimited availability of data. This is how we are paving the way towards a Smart Society.
The Operations team is responsible for creating a future Fiber to the Home network in Wallonia. To do so, we use a project and process-based method that enables us to work reliably and efficiently.
As Project Manager, you will be responsible to prepare, facilitate and overall coordinate the realization of a Homes Passed network. Eurofiber strives to deploy a Homes Passed network in municipalities in Wallonia, varying from 4.000 to 60.000 Homes Passed (living units) per municipality. You will manage multiple deployment initiatives at multiple municipalities at the same time.
The actual engineering and deployment of the physical network will be performed by our partnering contractors. It is your role to coordinate the preparatory activities beforehand and manage results and deadlines to make sure your contractor can start his activities on time. These activities entail the first operational alignment on our roll out plans with the municipality together with the contractor, and align on appropriate POP locations. Additionally you manage that internal colleagues create a High Level Design, and coordinate a team that is responsible for the inventory of Multi Dwelling Units (high rise buildings), perform site survey’s and align on the future deployment of network in these buildings. Once these activities have progressed at a certain point, the contractor will be requested to start the engineering – and follow up deployment process.
Our vision and belief is that each party in the delivery chain acts upon their best expertise and knowledge. It is this principle that leads to our turn key approach with partnering contractors. We expect full responsibility of their scope from them, and we expect you to facilitate, spar with and manage the contractor on milestones, results and deviations of planning/time/quality. With the support of our Network Design Engineer you validate detailed design assumptions, budgets and risk matrixes. During roll out you align on planning, communication with stakeholders and are a first point for escalations. Your main driver is to realize our targeted deployment plan within time, budget and quality, with the focus and ability to maneuver between time and budget goals, allow for solutions and ideas to continuously improve processes and procedures without losing focus on the overall result.
Additionally you will work with our Contract Manager and provide him/her with input and ideas on the performance of our contractors as we benefit largely and believe strongly in a good and productive working relationship.
Who are you?
- You have 7 – 10 years of relevant work experience in project management in which you have been working with contractors in a similar role, preferably in a telecoms environment;
- You are well in setting up and maintaining good relationships with stakeholders;
- You have strong coordinating skills, a facilitating nature, are structured in planning and communication;
- You are process minded and have an understanding of basic process flows, finding gaps and opportunities;
- Ideally you are a native French speaker and good in English, both written and oral;
- Entrepreneurship, the ability to be agile in our changing environment;
- You are driven, enthusiastic and radiate confidence and responsibility.
in addition to the opportunity to contribute in a great growth story, we offer you an interesting salary package
- Contract of indefinite duration
- An employment contract of 38 hours per week
- Flexibility in remuneration package including a bonus scheme and thirteenth month, mobility budget and bonus system
You think we are a match? We would very much like to meet you!
Send your CV to HR.Belgium@eurofiber.com.