Eurofiber is a fast growing international provider of industry leading digital infrastructure. With our fiber optic network and high quality datacenters we provide companies, government bodies and non-profit organizations a future proof infrastructure. Our vision is of an open network with infrastructure and ICT services being offered separately, allowing everyone the freedom to choose their services, applications and providers as their own needs evolve. Our infrastructure provides the basis for a smarter and more efficient deployment of resources, enabled by a permanent exchange and the unlimited availability of data. This is how we are paving the way towards a Smart Society.
The Operations team is responsible for creating a future Fiber to the Home network in Wallonia. To do so, we use a project and process-based method that enables us to work reliably and efficiently.
As Designer, you are involved from the beginning till the end of the network roll out. Initially you will create High Level Designs of roll out area’s which provide us with a first overview of costs, network topology and coverage. Additionally you design for each roll out area the most optimal fiber capacity routes between POP locations (so called POP ring or feeder ring). You align on dimensioning of the network with future customers and align – together with the Projectmanager – on potential cost or time saving initiatives that might optimize the roll out.
In this role you are thé sparring partner of the contractor and our Projectmanager on the use of design rules in the designs that contractors draw up, on custom network concept solutions at deviating situations in the field, on materials and on budget analysis. You are known for a facilitating attitude, wide knowledge on fiber optic networks, network concepts and criteria that relate to costs, time and quality.
Additionally you are responsible for managing the requirements we impose on our contractors, suppliers and our network registration system (Cocon), the so called Schedule of Requirements in which design rules, materials, applicability of materials, quality standards and registration requirements are described. You update this document frequently and to do so, have initiated and maintain a constant feedback loop with the stakeholders.
During the years, capacity management – potentially resulting in necessary upgrades – is a task that belongs to your scope of work as well. Constantly having an overview of the utilization rate of the network, prioritizing in upgrade needs and providing budgets for annual budgetary rounds.
As we are a growing company, your roles and responsibilities are not set in stone and may potentially change or become extended.
Who are you?
- You have at least 7 years of experience in a similar role and have preferably worked in a similar FttH environment;
- You have experience in creating fiber design rules, deployment guidelines and quality standards and translating this into documentation;
- It would be ideal if you have knowledge of façade and/or aerial deployment techniques and can be a sparring partner of suppliers and contractors when it comes to cost/benefit analysis and materials of use;
- You have knowledge of design & network registration tooling, Eurofiber makes use of Comsof and Cocon;
- You have an open mind, are eager to learn and look for new possibilities and optimizations by default;
- The ability to be agile in our changing environment;
- You speak and write good French and English.
in addition to the opportunity to contribute in a great growth story, we offer you an interesting salary package
- Contract of indefinite duration;
- An employment contract of 38 hours per week;
- Flexibility in remuneration package including a bonus scheme and thirteenth month, mobility budget and bonus system.
You think we are a match? We would very much like to meet you!
Send your CV to HR.Belgium@eurofiber.com.